The Secure Folder from Samsung was released a couple of years ago. Files can quickly be moved to a secure folder such as images, apps, and other documents as well. This Samsung Secure Folder on the Galaxy Note 9 will unlock with Password or PIN number or Iris scanner or Fingerprint. It promises to secure your essential data carefully. Also, it is helpful for users to hide apps, photos, and other documents. In this article, we will teach you how you can use the Samsung Secure Folder on your Galaxy Note 9.
You can move the files and data on customarily used native apps to the Secure Folder too. All of the apps and data present in the Secure Folder are sandboxed individually on your Galaxy 9. So, all app and data are going to remain completely isolated from other data on your device. It is impossible for others to access them unless the user authorizes the entry through the personalized lock type.
If you want to know how you can use the Samsung Secure Folder on Galaxy Note 9, read ahead and Follow the steps given below:
- Launch the app drawer and head to the Secure Folder app.
- Doing so will make a splash screen appear telling you about the benefits of this feature.
- Here, you need to sign in to your Samsung account.
- An account is imperative for a Secure Folder as it will let you reset the lock, in case you forget it.
- Then you will need to configure the lock type from the options on hand. These options will include pattern, pin, and password. Thus, fingerprints and iris scanners can also be used in order to unlock the Secure Folder.
- Now, you will be taken into the Secure Folder once your account is created.
- Then you can use the option called Add apps to have a latest and fresh copy of the app running in the Secure Folder free from the one already being used. However, this is an excellent way to have many social media accounts running on one device.
- Here, you will need to lock the Secure Folder as soon as you’re done.
- You will then be asked to use the configured lock type once you want to reaccess it.
Note: If you want additional security, you may have the Secure Folder not be listed in the app drawer. Go to the notifications and click on the Secure Folder Icon. Once the icon turns gray, it means the icon is not going to be displayed in the app drawer.
Thank you for reading this article; I hope the information you got here will be useful to you in using the Samsung Secure Folder on your Galaxy Note 9.