Google Drive offers 15 GB free storage cloud service for all those who have a Gmail account. This fantastic free storage can store any kind of file from the computer or handset for free. Google Drive is a helpful cloud service which can keep the data safe and secure. But there is a feature that should be mentioned before proceeding any further. The Quick Access is a fantastic feature in Google Drive which works like the recent history stored in software.
Quick Access is an automatically generated column at the top inside the Google Drive which contains a list of recently viewed or visited section from your Drive. The Quick Access will show the content you viewed recently in your drive and in someone who has shared its drive as well. The feature is undeniably useful to access the content by swiping left or right and tapping on it, but for some users, it is disturbing as it covers a majority of the screen.
Google reported that Quick Access is saving approximately 50% of the time to open a file as it eliminates the time to open a folder and search the files the user is looking for. But as per users, Quick Access is a feature taking a significant amount of space of the screen. Well, some of them are asking about the process to hide it and hence here are the steps to disable the Quick Access in Google Drive.
How to Hide the Quick Access Column from Google Drive
Google Drive available for handsets as well, hence the steps will slight differ according to the device and its version.
Hiding Quick Access in iOS Device
- Open Google Drive in your iOS device.
- Now tap the hamburger icon to open the menu list.
- Tap the gear icon from the top right of the menu.
- Scroll down to the Quick Access and tap to open it.
- Now, turn the toggle button off Enable Quick Access option.
Hiding Quick Access in Android Device
- Tap the hamburger icon and open the menu.
- Scroll down to Settings and tap to open it.
- Navigate to Enable quick access and tap to turn the toggle button off.
- Now you will see that Quick Access is disabled from the main page of your Google Drive.
Hiding Quick Access on Computer
- Open a web browser.
- Now, log into your Google account.
- Now, click the icon right next to the Bell icon.
- Select and click Drive. It will open in a new tab.
- Now, click the gear icon from the right corner of the window.
- The settings window will pop up on the screen.
- Find Quick Access and uncheck the Make relevant files handy when you need them (page refresh required) option.
- Click the Done button.
Once you select the disable the Quick Access from settings of Google Drive, you will see the column is hidden, and it will not appear until you enable the access again.